- I hold it true, whate'er befall;
- I feel it when I sorrow most;
- 'Tis better to have loved and lost
- Than never to have loved at all.
- "In Memoriam" - Lord Tennyson
- The Concert for Baylin Coddington: A Memorial Afternoon of Live Music and Celebration (March 24, 2013)
- A gathering of friends, both old and new, in celebration of the most unique and remarkable life of our most dearly departed Daniel Baylin Coddington, wizard of Millbrook woods, pied piper of Saigon nights, and all-around phenomenal human being!
An eclectic mix of musicians and artists who were friends with Baylin during his time in Saigon would like to take the stage in tribute to our brother and in honor of the love he shared with us all. An all-day music extravaganza including a very special, long-awaited, one night only reunion set from Ugwae (a musical collective which Baylin was a part of while living here in 2011-12)
12:50-1:30pm - Gypsy Jazz
1:35-2:20pm - Joy Oi! (the artists formerly known as Sunless)http://www.facebook.com/
2:25-2:55pm - Van Thanh Trung Solo Performance
3:00-3:45pm - Echo Monkeys
3:50-4:20pm - Applesauce
4:25-4:55pm - Moeth
5:00-5:25 - afinedeadsound (acoustic duo)
5:30 - Memorial Service (open mic for stories, remembrances, prayers, quips, quotes, songs, ideas, equations, compositions, recipes, sketches, confessions, statements, jokes, skits, etc)
6:00 - 7:00pm - Freckled Gypsys
7:10 - 8:10pm - Demon Slayer
8:20 - 9:20pm - Banana Project
9:30 - Surprise!!
10:00 - 11:30+pm - Ugwae REUNION SET!!!!
Featuring live visuals from ~1ESCV?
All proceeds from this event will be donated to the Coddington Memorial Scholarship Fund, begun by his family. Baylin's voracious intellect informed his interests which were diverse and varied. Spiritual gardening and the use of native plants, ethnobotany, ethnic foods, music, art, performing and writing music, and transpersonal psychology were all subjects he was deeply interested in and included in his life. Everyone who loved Baylin knew he was many things, but mainstream wouldn't describe any of them. To honor his originality our plan for Baylin's memorial scholarship fund is to help young people who share his less traveled passions and find themselves in need of funding in order to educate themselves in these areas.