Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Homemade Bread

Egg sandwich with cabbage coleslaw
I have become slightly obsessed lately with making bread.  Since we don't have an oven, I generally make flat bread in a pan.  I found this 5-minute naan recipe about a year ago and use it as the base for my bread, but I generally get a little creative with extra ingredients to add some sustenance and additional nutrition.  I like to mix in a variety of seeds (flax, sesame, sunflower) along with a hefty portion of flaxmeal and whole wheat flour.  We also like the different tastes you can give it by using bean flour or sesame flour.

Bread served with radish, red peppers and (unpictured) tuna salad
Since it only takes a few minutes to make, we eat it fresh and top it with tuna salad or hummus, or fold it into a sandwiched stuffed with scrambled eggs, cheese, and veg.

Egg sandwich with cous cous salad (corn, red pepper, lentils)

Tuna sandwich with purple cabbage slaw and sweet potato fries

No comments: