Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Where Have We Been?

I'm sure our scant but loyal readers have noticed our recent absence from the blog.  Despite a tremendous drop in blog productivity, we are still here and alive and slightly productive in other ways.  The past month has been cluttered and frantic:  a visit from an old friend, an Istanbul-pals move to Vietnam, an exhausting social existence, and Gavin's taking on of a heavier class load (including some particularly lucrative corporate lessons with Japanese students).

The most drastic change for me has been getting a second job.  Regularity and routine has set in: I spend three hours every weekday morning teaching ESL to 3 and 5 year olds.  While I am still teaching a few adult classes and weekend children's classes at my old school, I am thrilled to be stepping into a new groove.  Old ruts create furrowed brows and it feels good to shake things up. It's always a pleasure to rise early and hang out with these little faces:




Many more posts to come on my sweet classes and all the ecstasy and agony of being a demi-god to thirty wonderful little souls.

1 comment:

Carol said...

The kids are adorable! Glad you are enjoying yourself so much and happy for the update.