Friday, July 5, 2013

My Latest Obsession: Bento

Ok, it's official.  I'm obsessed with Bento.  It started with a mission to find a cute lunch box to take to my new school and has turned into something else entirely.  In the past week, I have amassed an absurdly large collection of bento accessories: boxes, decorations, cutters, etc.

This addiction is currently not very time-efficient, but I'm sure the process will become more streamlined as I get used to preparing my meals for work.  I put these together the night before and store them in the fridge over night.  The boxes patiently sit in my air-conditioned office during the morning and are room temp and tasty by the time I dig in.  So far everything has held up well and tasted delicious! 

Here is a look at what I have been nibbling on for lunch this week with a Box-by-Box Analysis:


Monday

Salad with lettuce, cucumber and radish (edamame and  dressing on the side).  
Chickpeas tossed with lemon juice, currants, and mint  (craisins and walnuts on the side).
  Dessert Quinoa (quinoa + chopped almonds topped with coconut and sweetened with agave nectar) and kiwi.

----------------------------------------------


Tuesday

Heart-shaped curried carrots, salted radishes, and leftover chickpea salad.
  Lettuce topped with cucumber, seaweed, and red peppers (dressing on the side).  
Dessert Onigiri (brown rice, currants, and coconut sweetened with agave nectar and pressed into a traditional onigiri shape) along with craisins and walnuts.

-------------------------------
 

Wednesday

Kiwi and dragon fruit.  
Sweet potato mash, black beans and squash, cucumber and radish salad topped with bunny-shaped red pepper.  
Two dessert brown-rice balls wrapped in chick and bunny foil, craisins, walnuts and a white rabbit candy.

--------------------------


Thursday

Apple and Chocolate Almond Butter.  
Baigan Bharta (mashed eggplant), cucumber slices, red pepper slices, along with black beans and squash.  Strawberries, craisins, one walnut.

-------------------------------------

1 comment:

Carol said...

These are the cutest lunches I have ever seen!