Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It's a Girl!

Guess who's having a baby??


No, it's not me!  My dear friend Maeve is ripe with child!  Due this summer, I thought I would throw her a baby shower.  I guess they don't have such things in Ireland, so it was a novel experience for most of those present!  I gathered our friends, food, drinks, baby clothes, and gifts and threw a bash at Maeve's house over the weekend.


 Cutie little baby clothes and flags hung on lines throughout the living room.



A table full of tasty treats: mango ball-bites, hummus, dolma (yaprak sarma), lentil "meatballs" (mercimek kofte), carrot sticks, carrot cake, fruit tart, an array of cheeses, french bread, apples, roast chicken, soup, pastries.... Oh my!  We were all fat with food-babies by the end of our feast!





Eating and talking ensued.






Can't get enough of this chicken!




Look at this beautiful belly!


Lots of kitty-cat monkey business!


More to come tomorrow!


1 comment:

Carol said...

Your party looks like it was so much fun. Love all the clothes on the line and of course the flags!